Who Can Be Referred?
Any birthing person in the D.C or Prince Georges County can referred to the MRHV. We support all family structures, ages, and body types. Who may gain the most benefit from this program?
- A person with a racially or ethnically diverse background including, Black, Asian, Pacific Islander, Native American, Latinx, or multiracial
- A person with psychosocial factors and/or social determinants that may impact their pregnancy or postpartum health
- A person who has limited to no family, community, or partner support
- A person with limited socioeconomic resources
- A person at risk for giving birth to low birth weight or preterm baby
- A person with morbidities that complicate pregnancy or postpartum
We currently are in-network with the following Medicaid Managed Care Organizations (MMCO) to deliver the Mothers Rising Program: AmeriHealth, CareFirst Community Health Plan DC, Medstar Family Choice DC, and HSCSN. Members of these plans are 100% covered. We have a limited number of pro-bono spaces per quarter for those without insurance or who are not covered by these plans.
We work collaboratively with all healthcare providers. If you would like to send over a mother, please use the “Make A Referral” link. Please provide your contact information as well, as we may contact you for additional information and for ongoing collaboration. If you have an urgent request contact us via phone at 202-248-2877.
If you were not referred by your MCO, you can complete the “Make A Referral” form. The Intake Specialist will contact you within 2 business days. If you have an urgent request, contact us via phone.